Before Endodontic Treatment
- This procedure will be performed using local anesthesia. There are usually no restrictions after the procedure concerning driving or returning to work. A doctor is available for consultation at all times should a problem arise after your treatment.
- Continue all medications for blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid problems and any other conditions as recommended by your physician. If there is a question, please call our office prior to your appointment.
- Please eat a full breakfast or lunch as applicable.
- If you have been advised by your physician or dentist to use antibiotic premedication because of mitral valve prolapse (MVP), heart murmur, hip, knee, cardiac or other prosthesis, or if you have rheumatic heart disease, please make sure you are on the appropriate antibiotic on the day of your appointment. If there is a question, please call our office prior to your appointment.
- Taking ibuprofen (Advil) or naproxen sodium (Aleve) prior to your root canal treatment helps reduce post-operative inflammation and pain. We recommend 2 tablets of either medication 2 hours before endodontic treatment. Please do not take if your physician has advised against taking ibuprofen.
If you have any questions, please call our office at Waterloo Office Phone Number (319) 233-0803